015 Keeping It Super Simple on Election Day 2020
Hello Huddle Haven Team! Are you exhausted with all the Election Day insanity? We’ve got a remedy—listen to our humble attempt to add a little levity to your day. In this light-hearted edition of “Keep It Super Simple” = KISS we explore: Super simple ways to CANCEL the “cancel culture”; super simple service ideas for the holidays; super simple ways to shun technology; super simple activities for the holidays; super simple ways to stay fit during & post holidays; super simple gift ideas to stay on budget; and super simple healthy holiday recipes. On a day that is dominated with distrust and descension…let’s explore ways to stick together! Remember…Hang In There…Hope Is On The Way!
Rhonda’s Holiday Recipes:
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms:
-medium button or Remini mushrooms
-8 oz of cream cheese (softened)
-8 oz of smoked cheddar cheese shredded
-2 oz jalapeños chopped (optional)
-4 oz shredded parmesan cheese
1. Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Prep the mushrooms by popping the stem off the mushroom.
2. Mix the cream cheese with the shredded smoked cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and salt and pepper.
3. Fill the mushroom cavities with the mixture.
4. Top with parmesan cheese.
5. Place in a baking dish side by side cheese up.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus:
-16 asparagus spears, with the ends snapped or cut off
-8 slices of prosciutto (cut in half to have 16 pieces)
-olive oil or avocado oil
-salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and snap off the ends of the asparagus. Wrap a 1/2 piece of prosciutto around the middle of each asparagus and pull tight.
3. Brush with olive or avocado oil.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake for around 20 minutes or until prosciutto is crispy. (turn over 1/2 way)
Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta:
-2 oz pancetta, minced
-2 lb of Brussel sprouts, with stems and outer leaves removed
-2 tsp olive or avocado oil
-garlic 3 cloves minced
-salt and pepper
1. trim the stems off of the Brussel sprouts and remove the outer leaf. Thinly slice each one.
2. cook the pancetta in a sauce pan until golden around 5 minutes
3. add olive or avocado oil and garlic
4. add shredded Brussel sprouts and salt and pepper to taste
5. cook on high for 6-10 minutes or until tender and crispy
Raspberry Cheesecake Bites:
-16 oz cream cheese (softened)
-1 large egg
-1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup powdered monk fruit
-4 oz. rasberries
-1 1/2 tbsp water
-4 tsp powdered monk fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with 24 mini muffin liners. Brush with oil.
2. Place the raspberries, water, and powdered sugar into a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until the raspberries start to soften around 2-3 minutes.
3. Use a spatula to smash the berries. Simmer a few more minutes while the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Use a mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together at a low to medium speed until fluffy.
5. Beat in the egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
6. Spoon the cheesecake filling evenly into the mini muffin liners.
7. Spoon 1/2 tsp of the raspberry filling over each cream cheese cup. Use a toothpick to swirl into the batter.
8. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the bites are puffy and almost set, but still a little jiggly.
9. Remove the cheesecake bites from the oven. Cool at room temperature for an hour.
10. Serve with whipped cream and top with a raspberry.